Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New tire $50.00, being independent PRICELESS!

Last night on the way home I got yet another flat tire. For those that know me…I have tire issues. I feel like I have had more flat tires and am way too comfortable with changing a tire on the fly for my age. I feel like I have changed enough for my lifetime not just for the short time I’ve been driving. I’ve done enough to last me until I’m 80!
So driving along and my car is pulling to one side. I can feel the wind, because we are experiencing some very strong winds, I pass the pulling to this fact. I turn a corner and my car is still pulling to the side. Pulling over to examine and I’m sure that I will find at least one flat tire. Walk around the back of the car. Yep, there she is.
Well I’m not getting any younger or getting home any sooner here staring at this flat tire dreading the fact I left early to get home early to do a haircut.
I get things set to change the tire. Jack in place, brakes on, in gear, spare out and full (nothing sucks more than having a flat and your spare being flat. Yes I’ve experienced that as well.) check, check and check. I start to take the nuts off of the tire.
Here is the picture I will paint for you.
Extremely windy, trunk open, 9 months pregnant, yes 9, standing on the wrench to loosen the nuts off of the tire. Then because one is on REALLY good I’m doing a small, and very unsafe, bounce maneuver on the bar to get it to loosen.
How funny will this be if I slip off of this bar and go into labor and not have my tire changed?
Finally success, I was able to finish changing my tire with only a small and frustrating jack issue. I went on to buy a new used tire and all is now well with the good old Honda.

4 comments:

Rita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rita said...

“…nothing sucks more than having a flat and your spare being flat…” - That’s an extremely terrible scenario! But nothing could be more terrible if you go into labor because you slipped off the bar while changing that tire. Fortunately, you did well in changing the tire. I’m amazed that you did it very well knowing that you’re 9 months pregnant. Kudos to you! But I would highly suggest that you check your running tires and your spare tires regularly before driving off with your car, may it be a short trip or a long trip. @ Evans Tire & Service