Monday, August 6, 2012

Are we done yet?

On Saturday our training schedule had us run 14 miles. Yes we are training for a half which is 13.1 but we ran 14. Although I didn’t do as well as I had hoped I did better than I think I have before.
I have been watching the track and field Olympics and had a burst of motivation. I kept thinking of the athletes and how much work they put into their training and how they seem to find that last little bit to pull through and win. I wanted to go for the gold on Saturday. I think I would have been a no namer if it was the Olympics but at least I still enjoyed myself.
Today my legs still hurt and Jeff tried to give me a little rub last night and it hurt so badly. Now I think 2 more weeks left and we are there. Then I’m going to take a small break from training until the next race.
I’m thinking Utah Valley Marathon; it’s supposedly the fastest race of Utah. Any takers?

1 comment:

The Green Family said...

I'm so proud of you! Amazing! When is your race?? Email me?