Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Whoot Whoot!

We did it!!

And surprisingly I hit my goal, not my ultimate goal but my minimum goal. Jeff did great of course. And Ricky finished with a smile, high fives and a great attitude.

We were lucky to rent a condo that was right next to the course so we were able to be cheered on by mom, dad, and B when we passed both times. The race was small compared to others that we have ran. The website listed a max of 1,000 for the half and 500 for the full. The day started out chilly but ended nicely. Jeff ran in 2:03, next was me with 2:19 (I wanted to finish under 2:20, and hopefully if all went well and I could push it under 2:00), then Ricky. On a side note the winner of the full (that’s 26.2 miles) finished at 2:51, I wish I was that fast.

The rest of the day we spent in the hot tub and out to lunch with Ricky and his wife before they left Park City. We took B to the pool and he loved it. He was so excited about getting in the water and would kick his feet. When other kids came into the pool you could tell that he wanted to jump and splash with them. Then B started to get blue lips and it was time to call it a night.

Sunday was a simple day with breakfast a quick checking out of the Olympic park and heading home.

We will do some smaller runs for the rest of the summer and fall but come wintertime I’m going to use the bike a bit more. I probably won’t start running again until next summer. But I really want to shorten my time and run another full. Just have to talk Jeff into it.

1 comment:

The Green Family said...

Yippee!! I'm so sorry :( I was planning a good luck text that day. What a great accomplishment Ash! Seriously, awesome! Love you lots!