Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I woke up this morning looked in the mirror and thought

Whose body is that starring back at me?
I do realize that as we age thing change, move, develop, sag, and sometimes ripple but whose body is that? Being pregnant does not help matters either.
I love my boobs love them being bigger. Women get them done to feel more womanly, sexy, and confident. I have had these thoughts before since as I have aged I seem to have the incredible shrinking boobies. High school I was a small C large B and now if I’m not pregnant I could buy a bra in the little girls section because I am barely an A. For those of you with more than me yes barely A is a cup size. I think that it is intended for a training bra but here I am wearing it. Long story longer being pregnant gives me these wonderfully sexy boobs that I love EXCEPT running, dancing, sleeping, golfing, among other things. Sorry they just seem to get in the way and now I want my little gals when I’m doing things and these beauties for clothes that fit better, and other times.
Other things that are now staring at me:
I have love handles! Yes love handles. How does that happen when you have a stomach sticking out?
I have cheese on my buttocks upper thigh area. Oh I miss the days of working my legs out to where I don’t want to sit because it hurts.
I have a stomach…a stomach that is more of a ledge when I’m laying down. Seriously! Normal size until my belly button then this magical lip onto a baby gut. And I look like I should be in the movie Alien when the parasite moves around. Pregnancy is WEIRD and labor is GROSS!! I don’t think its magical or beautiful.
My hips and knees look odd due to this phenomenon of motherhood. Hip are getting wider and my knees are now almost bending in. It looks really odd when I walk. Please see above note about this time in life being weird.
Where do these skin tags come from? I have had 1 for a long time now I have 3 WTH? I’m going to end up purchasing TagAway soon.
As I stare at this foreign body with my head I realize that I am both my mother and my father, thanks for those genes (yes this is sarcastic.), and yet neither I can blame for all of it.
I miss MY normal body.

1 comment:

The Green Family said...

Who are you kidding? There is NO normal. I admit I'm always jealous of your killer legs and stomach. I hated you in summer time when you'd wear short shorts and have no celulite on your thighs. (Yes I looked at your thighs, butt and stomach..get over it!)

Hang in there during your pregnancy...you are a very committed person to running and exercising so soon I will be watching your hot bod and jealous again :)