Thursday, May 17, 2012

How is it?

One of my most cringed upon questions, “how is it being a mom?” Well SHIT, how is it for you or how it is being a dad, or how is it being single, divorced, widowed, an all around good person or jerk for that matter. What kind of a response to people really expect? Good, great, crappy, worst thing ever, best thing ever.
It, along with any phase or stage of your life is the same. It ALL has good and it ALL has bad. There is no perfect harmonious Zen moment that lasts a lifetime if you stay in that phase.
I think that people get disappointed at my look of ‘are you kidding me’ and a statement of “it is what it is.”
If it’s a bad day I don’t think they really want to hear; I feel like I’m going crazy. I smell like pee, throw up or poo (depending on the circumstance). I haven’t slept in X nights. I’ve wondered if I can put him back in just so that I can do X, Y and Z.
If it’s a decent day I don’t think they really want to hear; I wish I could go to sleep without the panicked thought of ‘please continue to sleep through the night.’ I wish that I could plan on only an hour to get ready instead of an hour and a half to get 2 of us ready as well as some cush time. I’ve lost weight because I have to feed someone else or get a cookie or fill up a drink or cool the food down. I wish that I could watch a TV show that I like (Oh a DVR would be nice.)
If it’s a good day I don’t think that they really want to hear; I still haven’t had that I love being a mama moment. I worry that I’m not good enough. I wonder if my sweet hubby thinks that I’m as good of a mama as his first wife was to their kids. (PS second marriages suck!!) Am I doing the right things for him for my hubby, and I giving enough to everyone. And yes I do feel like a little me time is usually outta the question.
I realize this sounds like a negative Nancy but REALLY? Come on? Isn’t that question basically saying I don’t have anything to say to you and I’m just feeling up dead air so give me a BS response of: great. It makes me want to call them on it. But I have to be nice and play along but I don’t have to play fair, do I?

No comments: