Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Motorcycle Parking

I pull into work today and start to walk into work. We have almost 500 people that work at our site so the parking lot is rather large. I’m admiring how gorgeous the day is beginning, cool air and a beautiful clear sky. It’s going to be a glorious day. Then I see it, and am so irritated by this.
Please hear the entire story before jumping to conclusions.
I see a motorcycle parked in a handicap spot. Yes if you are handicapped please by all means park in the designated spot. But seriously! You drive a motorcycle how handicapped can you be? And the motorcycle spots are closer to the entrance than the handicap spot that you parked in! What are you thinking?!
Now this person that did this, I will tell you, does have some knee problems and now currently going through some heart issues as well has had this pass (handicapped pass) for years. I recognize that he does have some problems walking but again the motorcycle spots are still closer and he usually parks in them. I say if you drive your truck then park in the spot. Go ahead. If you drive your motorcycle then leave that spot for someone else that needs it. We have several people that use and need these passes.
Another side note, this person probably wouldn’t need the handicapped spot if he would listen to his doctor and lose some weight which is adding to both his knee and heart problems. I know I’m going to hell because I say this but really this man is over 6 feet tall and weighs over 400 lbs. Your doctor is telling you to exercise more and maintain a diet and yet you choose to ignore him.
Life is all about choices people!
Now off to my spot in hell reserved by Satan.

1 comment:

The Green Family said...

Ha ha!! Oh how I needed a does of Ashley today. You make me laugh and I promise to never park my motorcycle in the handicap spot ;)